I want to start a recommendations list. I am starting with an easy one though. I will be posting some sort of recommendation every Tuesday. Some of these will be general sets and some will be extremely specific. Let me know what you think about this and if you’ve read any of these books. Also, let me know if there are any topics you would like recommendations for. If you would like to join me with this, let me know. I will try to include a topic at the end of each of these, so you will know what’s coming next week. Also, if you do one of these, please link it in the comments of mine. I would like to see them.
This week is YA Series. All of these are series I have finished, with a few honorable mentions at the end that I have not finished yet. I will also include any reviews I have.
- ‘Divergent’ by Veronica Roth
- I read this series this year and I am currently obsessed. I also read ‘Four: A Divergent Collection‘ which is a short story collection related to the series. I am currently listening to the audio book for ‘Divergent.’ I love it so much. A plus side to this series is the lack of a love triangle. It completely skipped that trope.
- ‘Maximum Ride’ by James Patterson
- This is my first real series that I ever started and loved as a teen. It is a 9 book series that just finished up last year. It’s about kids who have a genetic mutation. They are way different from James Patterson’s adult books.
- ‘Uglies’ by Scott Westerfeld
- I read this in middle school and am in the middle of rereading it. It is so different from anything I have read.
- ‘The Mara Dyer’ Trilogy by Michele Hodkin
- This was a semi-recent read. It was iffy through the second book, but the third made it mostly worth reading. It wasn’t amazing, but it was enjoyable.
- ‘I Like Him, But He Likes Her’ by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- This is a bind up of 3 books that take place after a bunch of other books. I never read the series before this book, but after there are 3 more wrap-ups and a final book about everything that happens in Alice’s life after the last book. There is nothing magical about this, but it is a really cute and fun contemporary.
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children’ by Ransom Riggs
- I am in the middle of the third book and I am enjoying it so far. The big draw with this book were the pictures that the author has in the books. The pictures relate to what is happening in the story.
- ‘Zodiac’ by Romina Russell
- There are only 2 books out so far, and I have only read the first one, but it really interesting. It takes place in space and is about the different signs of the Zodiac.
Those are all my recommendations for this week. Let me know if you have any and if you have read any of these. Next week’s topic will be General Adult Romance.