I wanted to start a recommendations list. This is my second attempt. I will be posting some sort of recommendation every Tuesday. Some of these will be general sets and some will be extremely specific. Let me know what you think about this and if you’ve read any of these books. Also, let me know if there are any topics you would like recommendations for. If you would like to join me with this, let me know. I will try to include a topic at the end of each of these, so you will know what’s coming next week. Also, if you do one of these, please link it in the comments of mine. I would like to see them. Last weeks topic was YA Series.
This week is Adult Romance. All of these are books that I have read. I will have my favorites listed in a semi-order and then a few honorable mentions that I can’t decide how I feel about them. I will also include any reviews I have.
- ‘Love the One You’re With’ by Emily Giffin
- This is the first book I read from this author. I read it at the perfect time in my life and it really hit me. It was also cute and fun to read. It does get a bit sad, but like most romances, it has a happy ending.
- ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife’ by Audrey Niffenegger
- I never saw the movie for this, but I jumped into the book and it was so worth it. Everything was explained flawlessly in this book about the time travel aspect. The relationship was interesting to see, since it is so different from most romances.
- ‘Daisy’s in the Canyon’ by Caroline Brown
- This was one of those cheesy romances. I loved reading it because it was so cute and fun. It wasn’t, by any means, an amazing series, but it was still so much fun.
- ‘An Accidental Engagement’ by Maggie Dallen
- I actually received an arc of this and thought it was super cute. It was so much fun. There was an expected “twist” but it was perfect. It made the story better and also made it fun. I really enjoyed the romance in this book along with the friendships.
- ‘Payback and a Bottle of Merlot’ by Bria Marche
- This isn’t really much of a romance at the beginning, since it is a revenge plot, but the love story that shows up made me so happy. It was cute and fun. This is the first book in a 5 book series and I have read the first 2 of them. The second one is also super cute.
- ‘Unwrapping Her Perfect Match’ by Kat Latham
- This is novella 3.5 of the London Legends series. I didn’t really know it was part of a series, but I read it as part of a buddy read. It was cute and I think reading the rest of the series would probably make it a bit easier to enjoy and understand.
- ‘Landline’ by Rainbow Rowell
- This is a good realistic depiction of an adult relationship. It has a bit of magical realism to it, but it isn’t overwhelming. This is the only adult book that Rainbow Rowell has published so far(I think) and it was definitely a good read.
Those are all my recommendations for this week. Let me know if you have any and if you have read any of these. Next week’s topic will be Fantasy.