I will be posting some sort of recommendation every Tuesday. Some of these will be general sets and some will be extremely specific. Let me know what you think about this and if you’ve read any of these books. Also, let me know if there are any topics you would like recommendations for. If you would like to join me with this, let me know. I will try to include a topic at the end of each of these, so you will know what’s coming next week. Also, if you do one of these, please link it in the comments of mine. I would like to see them. Last weeks topic was Adult Romance.
This week is Fantasy. All of these are books that I have read. I will have my favorites listed in a semi-order and then a few honorable mentions that I can’t decide how I feel about them. I will also include any reviews I have.
- ‘The Hobbit’ by J. R. R. Tolkien
- This was marketed as a children’s book at the time, but it is definitely something that works for all ages. It is a nice introduction into the world of Middle Earth, without going on the huge adventure that is ‘The Lord of the Rings.’
- ‘The Lord of the Rings’ by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Definitely a huge book, but it is also separated into small sections which make it easier to read. This is a great epic fantasy that never seems to end.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ by George R. R. Martin
- This is another epic fantasy, but this one takes place in Westros. If you’ve seen the show, the book is almost exactly the same. Not much has changed. We have all the same characters and it’s easier to follow who they are with the faces in your head.
- ‘Dark Eden’ by Chris Beckett
- This sci-fi/fantasy takes place on the planet of Eden, which was landed on by people of Earth. In hopes that Earth will come back for them, they reproduced and have not left the spot where they landed. Until one day, when a New Hair screws everything up. It was hard to get used to the language, but it was an interesting read.
Those are all my recommendations for this week. Let me know if you have any and if you have read any of these. Next week’s topic will be books that were suggested to me.