I will be posting some sort of recommendation every Tuesday. Some of these will be general sets and some will be extremely specific. Let me know what you think about this and if you’ve read any of these books. Also, let me know if there are any topics you would like recommendations for. If you would like to join me with this, let me know. I will try to include a topic at the end of each of these, so you will know what’s coming next week. Also, if you do one of these, please link it in the comments of mine. I would like to see them. Last weeks topic was Fantasy.
This week is books that were recommended to me. All of these are books that I have read. I will have my favorites listed in a semi-order and then a few honorable mentions that I haven’t actually read yet. I will also include any reviews I have.
- ‘The Little Paris Bookshop‘ by Nina George
- This was suggested to me by L Jones Edition. It is about a man who has a little bookshop on a small boat in Paris. It was an interesting book to read and definitely fun to follow. Our main character has lost an important person to him and goes on a journey of self discovery.
- ‘A Tree Grows in Brooklyn‘ by Betty Smith
- I borrowed this from my friend Shannon and listed to it on audio book. It follows a little girl growing up in Brooklyn. I remember enjoying it, but I don’t remember much of what happened. I do plan to read a physical copy of this book in the future.
- The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson
- My friend Ashley suggest this to me around the time the third or fourth book came out. It is an 8 or 9 book series that ended last year. In this series we follow a group of children who have a genetic mutation. They are 98% human, 2% avian. I loved this entire series.
- ‘Crank’ by Ellen Hopkins
- I was suggested this in high school by my friend Courtney. This was the first book, written by Ellen Hopkins, that I read. It has been a really long time since I read it, but I because of how much I enjoyed this book, I have read all but 2 of the books Ellen has published.
- ‘The Book Thief’ by Marcus Zusak
- A different friend Ashley recommended this to me. I am currently reading it, and I am really enjoying it so far. It is about a little girl during the Holocaust. I find stories about the Holocaust to be very interesting. This one is a bit different because it is told from Death’s perspective.
- The Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series
- I have started this, but I am only on book 9 out of the 23 that are currently out. I was given most of the series by my co-worker Liz and my friend Shannon also loves this series. It’s an interesting paranormal-romance series, that has been going on forever.
Those are all my recommendations for this week. Let me know if you have any and if you have read any of these. Next week’s topic will be Trilogies.