I will be posting some sort of recommendation every Tuesday. Some of these will be general sets and some will be extremely specific. Let me know what you think about this and if you’ve read any of these books. Also, let me know if there are any topics you would like recommendations for. If you would like to join me with this, let me know. I will try to include a topic at the end of each of these, so you will know what’s coming next week. Also, if you do one of these, please link it in the comments of mine. I would like to see them. Last weeks topic was Trilogies.
This week is books written by Emily Giffin. All of these are books that I have read. I will have my favorites listed in a semi-order and then a few honorable mentions that I haven’t actually read yet. I will also include any reviews I have.
- ‘Love the One You’re With’
- This follows Ellen and Andy’s first year of marriage. One day Ellen runs into Leo, the man who left her heartbroken without explanation. This is the first book I ever read by Emily Giffin. It was full of insights into life and love and I learned a lot from this.
- ‘Baby Proof’
- Claudia doesn’t want a child, Ben does. As they struggle as a couple and even separated for a little while, we learn what we will and won’t do for love. It was definitely another insightful story into the workings of relationships.
- ‘Something Borrowed‘
- Racheal is Darcy’s maid of honor, until she sleeps with Darcy’s fiancee. Chaos ensues. This is about the blurry line between right and wrong when it comes to matters of the heart. I may not agree with everything that happens in the story, it really does show you how well you think you know someone and wrong you really were.
- ‘Something Blue‘
- This is a companion to ‘Something Borrowed,’ and we follow Darcy. After everything that happens, she flies to England to live with a friend. She learns a lot about herself during the journey of self discovery.
Honorable Mentions ~ I’m really excited to read these. They all sound so interesting and I really enjoy her writing style.
- ‘Where We Belong’
- This follows thirty-seven year old Marian Caldwell and eighteen year old Kirby Rose. Kirby holds the key to a past that Marian thought was locked away forever. Together they go a journey to find the one thing they are both missing. Instead they learn that where we belong is often where we least expect.
- ‘Heart of the Matter’
- A tragic accident brings together two mothers who have little in common except the love they have for their children. Tessa and Valerie and both tested in ways they never could have imagined, each discovering what matters most.
- ‘The One & Only’
- Shea Rigby is a hometown girl, staying in her small town all through college and then working at the college. But when an unexpected tragedy hits the community, her life in upended and she discovers unsettling truths about her small town. She is forced to make tough decisions and face her deepest fears, desires, and secrets.
Those are all my recommendations for this week. Let me know if you have any and if you have read any of these. Next week’s topic will be books by Ellen Hopkin.